Head of Department
Dr. Chinmay K. DesaiHoD, Chemical Engineering Department, CGPIT.
Message for Students
I am very much delighted to welcome you all and I am sure that you will be the heart of UTU campus with our vision and goal, which will frame you dynamic technocrat of multi-dimensional personality.
We shall perennially strive to be a vibrant department, which rank among the very best in the nation through imparting quality education in chemical engineering and allied areas (petroleum refining, bio-energy, environmental pollution control, pharmaceuticals, polymer, paints, food, dyes & intermediates, process modeling & simulation, perfumery, nanoscience, etc.), foster research and development, evolve innovative applications of technologies, encourage entrepreneurship and ultimately mold younger generation capable of assuming leadership of the society for the betterment of the country.
1. Foster a sense of service, professionalism, ethics, and dedication in our students.
2. Ensure our students are gaining the skills and experience needed to work as professional engineers.
3. Maintain a professional, ethical, and respectful workplace that is mutually supportive and open to diversity and that fosters communication, dialogue, and sharing of ideas and resources whenever possible.
4. Remain responsive to the needs of our communities (the public, our profession, academia, our university, our faculty, our students, and business and industry, as well as the environment).
5. Maintain a strong focus on sustainability (in our teaching and research, in how we operate, and in our consideration of our communities and our environment).
6. Build the physical, infrastructure, and human resource capacity to provide students a high-quality, world-class education and to expand our world-class research capabilities.
7. Build our research base by strengthening ties between the Faculty, the University, the community, and industry
8. Build programs to meet evolving student, industry, and community needs.