The Bardoli Pradesh Kelavani Mandal (BPKM) is an education trust established in 1960 with the aim of imparting higher education opportunities in and around the rural area Bardoli. BPKM has started a self-financed engineering college named Chhotubhai Gopalbhai Patel Institute of Technology (CGPIT) affiliated to Gujarat Technological University (2009) and thereafter to Uka Tarsadia University (UTU) since 2011 with the view of educating and training future professionals to lead in today's competitive environment and to meet the needs of globalization and industrialisation by providing dynamic and conducive learning environment. CGPIT offers B.Tech. programmes in disciplines like Electronics & Communication, Electrical, Civil, Computer, Information Technology, ICT, Mechanical, Automobile, Mechatronics and Chemical Engineering. CGPIT also offers M.Tech. programmes in disciplines like Civil Engineering (Structural, Soil Mechanics & Foundation and Environmental Engineering), Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication, Computer, Information Technology, Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. Ph.D. programmes are also carried out by CGPIT in the disciplines like Electronics & Communication, Civil, Computer, and Mechanical Engineering.
CGPIT Tarsadia Material Testing Laboratory and Consultancy Service is Govt. of Gujarat approved laboratory established in 2012 to carry out all civil material tests and consultancy services. The laboratory is well furnished with state of the art equipment and highly qualified staff. The laboratory is certified with ISO 9001:2015 since 2018 and NABL approved since April 2020.
The objective of laboratory is to provide material testing services for quality assurance to the Government Departments of Gujarat and other private agencies.
To continuously enhance the level of client satisfaction offering the most technologically advanced services to the society.
- Our Laboratory aspirates to consistently provide testing and services that meet or exceed the requirement and expectations of our stakeholder’s.
- We are committed to adopt good laboratory practices and maintain the traceability to national and international standards. We will continue to improve ourselves and ensure prompt delivery of results.
- We will achieve and maintain effectiveness of QMS by deploying competent employees and provide them motivation. We will be involved in regular maintenance of existing facilities, acquisition of appropriate materials, organizing internal and external seminars, workshops and training to drive continual improvement in the system and reviewing these on a periodic basis, thus complying with the requirements of the standard.
- CGPIT Tarsadia Material Testing Laboratory accredited by NABL ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- CGPIT Tarsadia Material Testing Laboratory approved by Govt. of Gujarat (G.E.R.I).
- CGPIT Tarsadia Material Testing Laboratory is ISO 9001:2015 Certified.
Civil Material Testing for Construction, Highways, Roads.
Mix Design for Concrete
Mix Design for Bitumen
Bitumen/Asphalt Core Testing
Concrete Core Testing
Third Party Inspection
• Geological characteristics of site
• Sub soil exploration by Borehole method, conducting Standard Penetration Tests (SPT) & Dynamic Cone Penetration Test (DCPT)
• Laboratory & Field analysis of soil
• Safe Bearing Capacity (SBC) of soil
• Foundation settlement analysis
• Rock Classification & Testing
• Compaction Test by Core cutter, Water Replacement & Sand Replacement Method.
• Field CBR Test by Dynamic Cone Penetration.
Material Testing for Construction, Highways, Roads.
• Cement Test
• Steel Test
• Aggregate Test (Coarse & Fine)
• Bricks Test
• Concrete Cube/Core/Beam Test
• Concrete Mix Design
• Bitumen Mix Design
• Paver Block Test
• AAC Block Test
• Rubble Stone Test
• Bitumen Test
• Field CBR Test
• Soil Core Cutter Test & Field Density Test
• Concrete Core Cutter Test
Head Office & Laboratory
Uka Tarsadia University
Maliba Campus, Gopal Vidyanagar, Bardoli-394350,
Contact no.: 8980905787