- About the Department
- Department of Automobile Engineering: Vision and Mission
- Head of Department
- Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)SyllabusFacultyCommittee MembersEvents
About the Department
Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 2010 to accomplish the necessity of competent Mechanical engineers in the current phase of infrastructure development in the state as well as nation. To realize, the curriculum has been designed with close interaction of faculty members with the experts from the industries.
To have hands-on experience, laboratories are developed indigenously. The department owns laboratories in the area of Fluid engineering, Thermal engineering, Mechanical Measurement, Manufacturing engineering, Automobile engines, Automobile systems etc.
In favor of the overall development of students, the department follows holistic approach that incorporates career counseling, industrial tour and professional society related exercises along with academic activities. Faculty members are well qualified and acquainted with industrial practices. Industrial affiliations are established by signing MoUs (Memorandum of Understanding) with some industries in the areas like fabrication, process, automobile and manufacturing.
The department aims to be comprehensive of all segments of the society by providing educational courses of ITI, B. Tech., M. Tech. and Ph. D.
Perceives to be accepted center of quality technical education based on innovation and academic excellence for the society as a whole.
Aspire to spread technical knowledge to its undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholar to meet intellectual, ethical and professional challenges for sustainable growth of humanity.
Head of Department
HOD, Automobile Engineering Department, CGPIT.
Message for Students
Dear Students, Welcome to Department of Automobile Engineering, C G Patel Institute of Technology, Uka Tarsadia University. Department of Automobile is established in the year of 2010 to accomplish the need of the competent automobile engineers need by different sectors, automobile manufacturers, OEMs, design, and service sector. Department offered Bachelor and Master’s Program in Automobile Engineering.
Our aim is to develop technocrats by providing high-quality technical education with strong professional ethics and commitment to serve the nation. For the overall development of students, carrier counseling, industrial tour, and professional society related programs with academics are adopted by the department. All faculty members of department are well qualified and have adequate skills to deliver theory and practical knowledge to students.
Indian automobile industries are growing rapidly. To cater the need of quality engineers, students have a strong education with teaming and leadership skills, involvement in student activities, and the practice the background of co-op and internship experience.
With the open heart, you are welcomed to the department and deeply extend the best
Thank you for visiting us.
Head of the Department and Professor,
Department of Automobile Engineering
B.Tech Automobile Engineering
After successful completion of programme graduate will able to:
1. PSO1: An ability to apply knowledge of vehicle science and automobile fundamentals in the field of competitive automotive field.
2. PSO2: An ability to design systems for vehicle to match demands with appropriate consideration for safety, social and environmental aspects.
3. PSO3: Perform procedures as per laboratory standards in the areas of maintenance, engine performance, vehicle vibrations and emissions.
4. PSO4: Understand the applications of electrical, electronics and hydraulic devices in the field of Automobile.
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Fundamentals of Automobile Systems Lab
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Lab
- Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
- Internal Combustion Engine Lab
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Machine lab
- Manufacturing Process Lab
- Material Science and Metullargy Lab
- Mechanical Measurement and Metrology Lab
- Refrigeration Airconditioning Lab
- Workshop Practice Lab
- Automobile Scanning and Vehicle Testing lab
- Engineering Graphics Lab data