- About The Department
- Department of Information and Communication Technology: Vision and Mission
- Head of Department
- Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Syllabus Faculty
- Committee Members Events
About The Department
The Information and Communication Technologygives expertise in Information Technology on Software Development and Communication focusing on mobile communication and computing. It covers subjects in computer science, communication networks, cloud computing and big data analytics. The program also includes the latest tools and technologies with certification for real life application development. ICT covers any product that will store, retrieve, manipulate, transmit or receive information electronically in a digital form. Students will also learn to merge different network systems for the utility of organizations and individuals.
To develop sprouting knowledge and design cutting-edge technologies for establishing the greatest impact on society and benefit mankind at large.
1. To generate and sustain an atmosphere conducive to germinating new knowledge at every available opportunity.
2. To disseminate knowledge that will spread to a greater multi- and cross-disciplinary platform to conduct research, discovery, technology development, service to industry and entrepreneurship.
3. To devise new solutions that meets the needs of all segments of society for enhance public welfare.
Head of Department
Mrs. Krupa Dave
HoD, EC/ICT Department, CGPIT.
Message for Students
Welcome to the Department of EC and ICT at Chhotubhai Gopalbhai Patel Institute of Technology, Bardoli. The department is located in a sprawling environment with a state of art facilities and highly qualified faculty. The department works with the objective of addressing critical challenges faced by the Industry, society and the academia. Perhaps even more important is our unceasing commitment to our students, helping them to learn, grow,
develop, and achieve their goals in their pursuit to excel in their professional career. The department faculty work with excellent team spirit in different technical team like RF Electronics, Communication, Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded System, Wireless Sensor Network, Control Systems, Electromagnetic theory, Neural Network, Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, and Computer methods employed in all these areas, which have been among the fastest growing and most challenging technologies that enable the development of the modern society and which leads to key research publications and consultancy in these areas. The department strives to provide a conductive environment for the students to develop
analytical and practical skills and apply them to real world problems. To motivate the students the department organizes regular training in state of art software & hardware, arranges workshop, National & International Conferences periodically.
We welcome you to the EC and ICT department as undergraduate or post graduate or research student and we hope to be part of your success.
Mrs. Krupa Dave
Chhotubhai Gopalbhai Patel Institute of Technology,
UTU, Maliba Campus,
Bardoli – 394350.
B.Tech Information and Communication Technology Engineering
After successful completion of programme graduate will able to:
1. PSO1: Acquainted with real time systems using ICT tools for computing and analyzing information by electronic means.
2. PSO2: Widespread use of ICT in various sectors in business, banking, entertainment, public service and educational practices where speed, accuracy, versatility and cost involved.
3. PSO3: Make use of acquired technical knowledge for successful career and qualifying in competitive examinations at the national and global levels.
Elements of ICT Department
The objective of this Laboratory course is to provide essential understanding of electrical circuits, equipments, meters, power supplies etc through some major experiments comprising basic lows of electrical circuits. The laboratory area is 215.04 Sq. m. The lab has provided by single phase and three phase AC power supplies and the equipments consists of DC power supplies, Single phase and Three phase Variacs, CRO, DC Motor, Rheostat, Single phase and Three phase Resistive load box, Capacitive load box, and Inductive load, Ammeters, Voltmeters, Wattmeters, Multimeters, Lamp load, and Connecting wires. At the completion of this course, the students will be able for the implementation of their practical knowledge to basic electrical circuits and equipments.
List of available laboratories are as follows:
- Digital Electronics Laboratory
- Communication Engineering Laboratory
- Analog Electronics Laboratory
- VLSI And Embedded Laboratory
- Project Lab
- BASIC PROGRAMMING LAB
- OPERATING SYSTEM LAB
- DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS LAB
- MICROPROCESSOR AND MICROCONTROLLER LAB
- EMBEDDED SYSTEM LAB
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM LAB
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LAB
- CLOUD COMPUTING LAB
- MACHINE INTELLIGENCE LAB
- DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING LAB
- OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING LAB
- IMAGE PROCESSING LAB
- WEB TECHNOLOGY LAB
- INTERNET OF THINGS LAB