- About The Department
- Department of Electrical Engineering: Vision and Mission
- Head of Department
- Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Syllabus Faculty
- Committee Members Events
About The Department
The Electrical Engineering Department is well equipped department of C. G. Patel Institute of Technology, Bardoli, established in year 2011. With excellent faculty, the Department of Electrical Engineering offers diploma in electrical engineering, under graduate programme(B. Tech) in Electrical Engineering and Post Graduate programme(M. Tech) with specialization in power System. The curriculum of the programmes are designed and updated keeping in view the constantly changing industrial needs, skills to be developed and challenges emerging out of new research. Electrical Engineering Department has advanced laboratories including Center of Excellence-BOSCH laboratory, high voltage and switchgear labs prepared as per the demand of recent scenario of the industry. Electrical Engineering Department is focused towards major area of electrical like Power Electronics & Drives, Power Systems, Electrical Machines, Switchgear & Protection, High Voltage Engineering, Control System, Electrical Networks, Electrical measurements, Renewable Energy and Electric & Hybrid Vehicles. The programmes are well – received by the industry delegates. Department has an MOU with L & T power training institute to enhance the industrial knowledge of students. The department emphasizes towards imparting quality education, rigorous teaching-learning, hands-on expertise and helping students to shape their overall personality.
To accomplish need of knowledge based global society through high human values based competent electrical engineers.
To achieve the vision, the department will educate the students with pragmatic knowledge to meet the growing challenges of the global society.
Exploit Industry-Institute relationships to acquire professional competency in the students.
Integrate with opportunities for team work, leadership, values, ethics and social activities.
Head of Department
Mrs. Krupa Dave
HoD, EC/Electrical Engineering/ICT Department, CGPIT.
Message for Students
Welcome to the department of EC/EE/ICT at Chhotubhai Gopalbhai Patel Institute of Technology, Bardoli. The department is located in a sprawling environment with a state of art facilities and highly qualified faculty. The department works with the objective of addressing critical challenges faced by the Industry, society and the academia. Perhaps even more important is our unceasing commitment to our students, helping them to learn, grow, develop, and achieve their goals in their pursuit to excel in their professional career.
The department faculty work with excellent team spirit in different technical team like RF Electronics, Communication, Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded System, Wireless Sensor Network, Power systems, Electrical Machines, Control Systems, Electromagnetic theory, High Voltage Engineering, Switchgear and Protection, Neural Network, Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, and Computer methods employed in all these areas, which have been among the fastest growing and most challenging technologies that enable the development of the modern society and which leads to key research publications and consultancy in these areas.
The department strives to provide a conductive environment for the students to develop analytical and practical skills and apply them to real world problems. To motivate the students the department organizes regular training in state of art software & hardware, arranges workshop, National & International Conferences periodically.
We welcome you to the EC/ EE/ ICT department as undergraduate or post graduate or research student and we hope to be part of your success.
Mrs. Krupa Dave
Chhotubhai Gopalbhai Patel Institute of Technology,
UTU, Maliba Campus,
Bardoli – 394350.
M. Tech (Power System)
At the end of this programme, Post Graduates will be able to:
1. PSO1: Apply knowledge of power system configuration, electrical equipment and protection practices to the design and specification of electrical generation, transmission, distribution and utilization systems.
2. PSO2: To Design, analyse, test and evaluate the performance of the electrical machines and transformers.
3. PSO3: To develop the expertise in the technology associated with efficient conversion and control of electrical power by static means from available form to the required form.
B.Tech Electrical Engineering
After successful completion of programme graduate will able to:
1. PSO1: Demonstrate the principles of electrical circuit, electrostatics, electromagnetic, AC fundamentals, electronics, signal processing, instrumentation and control system in the field of electrical machines, power system, power electronics, industrial automation and renewable energy.
2. PSO2: Analyse complex electrical engineering and allied field problems.
3. PSO3: Design a variety of equipment, system or process to meet desire environment and industrial needs related to field of electrical.
4. PSO4: Understand the applications of electrical engineering in power sector, automation industry, oil and gas industry, defence sector, luminaries sector and renewable industry.
Diploma Electrical Engineering
After successful completion of programme student will able to:
1. PSO 1: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics and Science in solving basic Electrical Engineering problems.
2. PSO 2: Demonstrate proficiency in use of software & hardware to be required in practice of Electrical engineering profession.
3. PSO 3: Apply principles of engineering and laboratory skills for building, testing, operation and maintenance of electrical systems.
4. PSO 4: Operations and application of Power Electronics devices and Microcontroller in electrical engineering sector.
Commitee of EE Department
Committee List 2019-20
Elements of EE Department
The objective of this Laboratory course is to provide essential understanding of electrical circuits, equipments, meters, power supplies etc through some major experiments comprising basic lows of electrical circuits. The laboratory area is 215.04 Sq. m. The lab has provided by single phase and three phase AC power supplies and the equipments consists of DC power supplies, Single phase and Three phase Variacs, CRO, DC Motor, Rheostat, Single phase and Three phase Resistive load box, Capacitive load box, and Inductive load, Ammeters, Voltmeters, Wattmeters, Multimeters, Lamp load, and Connecting wires. At the completion of this course, the students will be able for the implementation of their practical knowledge to basic electrical circuits and equipments.
List of available laboratories are as follows:
- High Voltage Engineering Laboratory
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Digital Electronics Laboratory
- Communication Engineering Laboratory
- Basics of Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Analog Electronics Laboratory
- Power System Protection & Switch Gear Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Network Laboratory
- VLSI And Embedded Laboratory
- Project Lab
- BASIC PROGRAMMING LAB
- OPERATING SYSTEM LAB
- DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS LAB
- MICROPROCESSOR AND MICROCONTROLLER LAB
- EMBEDDED SYSTEM LAB
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM LAB
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LAB
- CLOUD COMPUTING LAB
- MACHINE INTELLIGENCE LAB
- DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING LAB
- OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING LAB
- IMAGE PROCESSING LAB
- WEB TECHNOLOGY LAB
- INTERNET OF THINGS LAB