- About The Department
- Department of Electrical Engineering: Vision and Mission
- Head of Department
- Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Syllabus Faculty
- Committee Members Events
About The Department
The Electrical Engineering Department is well equipped department of C. G. Patel Institute of Technology, Bardoli, established in year 2011. With excellent faculty, the Department of Electrical Engineering offers diploma in electrical engineering, under graduate programme(B. Tech) in Electrical Engineering and Post Graduate programme(M. Tech) with specialization in power System. The curriculum of the programmes are designed and updated keeping in view the constantly changing industrial needs, skills to be developed and challenges emerging out of new research. Electrical Engineering Department has advanced laboratories including Center of Excellence-BOSCH laboratory, high voltage and switchgear labs prepared as per the demand of recent scenario of the industry. Electrical Engineering Department is focused towards major area of electrical like Power Electronics & Drives, Power Systems, Electrical Machines, Switchgear & Protection, High Voltage Engineering, Control System, Electrical Networks, Electrical measurements, Renewable Energy and Electric & Hybrid Vehicles. The programmes are well – received by the industry delegates. Department has an MOU with L & T power training institute to enhance the industrial knowledge of students. The department emphasizes towards imparting quality education, rigorous teaching-learning, hands-on expertise and helping students to shape their overall personality.
To accomplish need of knowledge based global society through high human values based competent electrical engineers.
1. To achieve the vision, the department will educate the students with pragmatic knowledge to meet the growing challenges of the global society.
2. Exploit Industry-Institute relationships to acquire professional competency in the students.
3. Integrate with opportunities for team work, leadership, values, ethics and social activities.
Head of Department
Mr Ankur Rana
HoD, Electrical Engineering
Message for Students
The Electrical Engineering Department was established in the year 2011 and has graduated many qualified engineers, working at one of the popular organizations in south Gujarat. The Department currently offers Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Diploma degree in Electrical Engineering and Masters Program in Power System.
Like any other area of science, Electrical Engineering technology is also going through rapid changes. In order to impart education in such an ever-changing area, an institution needs to keep itself always updated through course curriculum, laboratories resources and most important faculty. We at CGPIT-EED are at the forefront, as far as high-quality engineering education is concerned. Our department laboratories are well equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. Our curriculum goes through regular revisions to incorporate new developments for imparting the course contents and knowledge beyond syllabus given in the University curriculum.
Department have a team of qualified, experienced & dedicated teaching faculty. Liaison with industry in the form of industrial visits, students training, Internship, expert lectures and arranging of seminars & workshops are an integral part of our educational program.
Department create graduates to become future leaders for industry, academia, government and the society in India whose vision is founded upon fundamental knowledge, creative and analytical skills, local/regional perspective and ethics. Through a good blend of course work and projects, the department endows students with the ability to apply knowledge of science, mathematics and engineering to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, provide leadership and technical expertise and practice engineering with ethical approaches and concern for society and environment.
I welcome the prospective students/all stakeholders to the Department of Electrical Engineering at CGPIT Campus in Bardoli.
B.Tech Electrical Engineering
After successful completion of programme graduate will able to:
1. PSO1: Demonstrate the principles of electrical circuit, electrostatics, electromagnetic, AC fundamentals, electronics, signal processing, instrumentation and control system in the field of electrical machines, power system, power electronics, industrial automation and renewable energy.
2. PSO2: Analyse complex electrical engineering and allied field problems.
3. PSO3: Design a variety of equipment, system or process to meet desire environment and industrial needs related to field of electrical.
4. PSO4: Understand the applications of electrical engineering in power sector, automation industry, oil and gas industry, defence sector, luminaries sector and renewable industry.
Elements of EE Department
The objective of this Laboratory course is to provide essential understanding of electrical circuits, equipments, meters, power supplies etc through some major experiments comprising basic lows of electrical circuits. The laboratory area is 215.04 Sq. m. The lab has provided by single phase and three phase AC power supplies and the equipments consists of DC power supplies, Single phase and Three phase Variacs, CRO, DC Motor, Rheostat, Single phase and Three phase Resistive load box, Capacitive load box, and Inductive load, Ammeters, Voltmeters, Wattmeters, Multimeters, Lamp load, and Connecting wires. At the completion of this course, the students will be able for the implementation of their practical knowledge to basic electrical circuits and equipments.
List of available laboratories are as follows:
- High Voltage Engineering Laboratory
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Digital Electronics Laboratory
- Communication Engineering Laboratory
- Basics of Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Analog Electronics Laboratory
- Power System Protection & Switch Gear Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Network Laboratory
- VLSI And Embedded Laboratory
- Project Lab
- BASIC PROGRAMMING LAB
- OPERATING SYSTEM LAB
- DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS LAB
- MICROPROCESSOR AND MICROCONTROLLER LAB
- EMBEDDED SYSTEM LAB
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM LAB
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LAB
- CLOUD COMPUTING LAB
- MACHINE INTELLIGENCE LAB
- DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING LAB
- OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING LAB
- IMAGE PROCESSING LAB
- WEB TECHNOLOGY LAB
- INTERNET OF THINGS LAB